Tuesday, April 22, 2008

T-Painful


I wish some one had of bought me a ‘drank’ or a bottle before I sat through this show. Many people warned me about going to it. They said, “Lindsay, it will be T-Pain singing along over his own voice,” or “He won’t sing very well because of his voice being so digitalized.”

Well guys, you were sooooo right. First, I got to the show and realized someone forgot to memo me about the dress code. Apparently jeans and kicks are out and dresses (long shirts) and hooker boots were in.

I never thought a concert could look so much like the inside of a club. Then again, I never thought three men on stage with a DJ could put me to sleep. It wasn’t even that they were bad but they were not entertaining.

T-Pain and Family consisted of him and his unknown boys running around the stage in matching tees and jeans. T-Pain looks like he ate one too many buckets of fried chicken. His boys fully showed him up dancing.

It wouldn’t be fair to comment on the singing quality of the show because singing was clearly not something that happened. The boys ran around the stage shouting nonsense that was more than exhausting to try and follow.

I went and sat down and tried to come up with some kind of criticism of the show. Then, my ears started bleeding from the gibberish that was being stuttered into the mics.

The MOST “music” I heard at this circus of a show was T-Pain singing the chorus off of songs on his first two albums. Which are decent albums, but not his most popular work.
After about an hour and half of the ridiculous crap on stage, I couldn’t keep myself from yawning anymore. I had to call it a night.

For those of you that were brave enough to stay for the show, I hope T-Pain got around to shutting the f*@K up and doing what he is there to do. Sing on a mic and have a machine make it sound way better than he probably really does.

By Lindsay Wood

No comments: