Thursday, April 3, 2008

Slushies and Summer


Today I heard melting outside my window when I woke up. Stumbling into the kitchen, I turned on the kettle, tripped back into my room and opened the window to get the weather report (read=stuck my head outside). It was all sunny and the snow was melting. Leaving the window wide open, I crawled back under the covers, and let the cool breeze blow and the sun shine on my face while I sucked in the rays, waiting for the kettle to boil.

After making my tea I hopped into the shower, then back into bed once again. Georgia Nicholson and Angus the cat are becoming characters that have crept into my subconscious and I can't get them out; or can I get enough of their crazy stories.

It was a good way to start the day and as I lay in bed for round two, I thought about the most memorable moment I spent last summer, the one that was a must-do again this year.

The winners were a tie.


One was a magical day, spent with two of the best ladies at Centre Island in TO. We rented bikes and had a brilliant picnic on the water. It ended with an adventure with cute animals at the petting zoo.



The second was a hot summer night, filled with shenanigans. We were sweaty, we had a rosy drunk glow in our cheeks and we ran through the sprinklers. Nothing else could have mattered in the world during those moments. I can't wait to have more.

No comments: