Top Ten Albums of 2008
1. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
2. Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs
3. Billy Bragg - Mr Love and Justice
4. Hot Chip - Made in the Dark
5. Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles EP
6. Animal Collective - Water Curses
7. Black Kids - Partie Traumatic
8. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
9. MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
10. Vivian Girls - Vivian Girls
Most HATED/WORST Album of the Year
Santogold - Santogold
Worst Fashion Moments in the Music Scene This Year
1. Headbands being worn on the bangs, over the hair, further pushing hair into the face. WTF? Defeats the purpose of the hair band entirely.
2. Androgynous band members...do you know how many of the Black Kids are straight? Gay? Not that it makes a difference when it comes down to music but I just find that the line between Bowie-ism glam metal, meterosexual males and emo boys are becoming all too thin. Kind of like their pants.
3. Indie Kid Bangs. I love em and hate em so much at the same time. Can't see out from under em' but at the same time offers an air of mystique.
4. Kanye Sunglasses/RayBans: Learn to leave them well enough alone. The people who favour these also think that Buddy Holly glasses sans prescription are cool. My advice to these people is to ask someone that has shitty eyes at the ripe young age of twenty something how THEY feel about knowing their vision will only get worse. Then tell me how fashionable these sunglasses/glasses are.
5. Arab Scarfs (also known as Kafias)- They came, they went, they conquered. Why haven't we learned to leave their fashion well enough alone? Talk about disrespect.
CAN't WAIT FOR:
New Green Day, Get Up Kids, LCD Soundsystem, Kid Sister's full length, comeback kid, With Honor, and many many more.
GASLIGHT ANTHEM, thunderheist, anything new from Justice and Black Lips, MSTRKRFT and Ladyhawk