Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring, Sprung hope.

Started a new job today. Sad to leave my old one, I have never ever felt so loved and validated as I did in that kitchen. My old job was a bad relationship, my last relationship was a bad relationship. Bigger things are finding me, slowly but surely. Well actually, not so slowly, last year blew goats. But 2012 is rolling out good. New gigs with writing, new boy that smells like banana muffins. Better isn't my concern, as much as changing things for the positive.

My heart is scared but I will fill it with work, good food and the best people that I already know. Having so met so many inspiring mentors of all aspects of life at the last place I worked has given me the guts to do things that I haven't felt capable of in so long. When you allow people to inspire you, they will. If you push it away, there will never be any room for it.

Professionally I have seen this. But I have not been able to accomplish this in a relationship with a spouse. Even my friendships have stepped up to this seemingly adult level, where people are getting married and moving forward in an abandonment free manner. No one gets left behind; it's just as simple as being on board or not. There is no resentment if you only allow for inspiration, motivation and positivity. I have a hundred hills to climb, most of them personal battles with myself and my family, but I am learning to welcome them as challenges. Learning to be better is the only way to learn. Doing things a little different is all part and parcel. Challenge Accepted!

My amazing boss Nicole has shown me how to keep my cool under pressure with so much grace. She taught me when to rush and when it is okay to slow down. I don't even think she realizes that she has taught me so much in the last five months, but I am pretty damn thankful for all of it.

Emerson, our other co worker and third musketeer, has taught when to let things go and when to put more effort into them. Everything he touches in a kitchen turns out meticulously, never over salted or too sweet. He is the same way with his emotions, where he is calculated in his values and usually bang on in assessing them. I am such a loose cannon that he has taught me patience and most of all, how to keep calm and approach each task at hand as best as I can, taking pride in each one.

Having two people that offer such life skills when I needed them most, as part of my life 5 days a week for the last 5 and half months, has changed me for the better. This new job and step forward would never have been possible with out them. I will miss working with them every day and am happy to have shared my favorite place to work with them; a kitchen!

4 comments:

Leah Nielsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah Nielsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah Nielsen said...

Lindsay, your writing is so great! I see that you haven't updated in quite some time... yes I am a little late.. but glad to have come across your blog and find a little about what's going on in your head since we haven't even spoken/seen each in years!! (Not that we were terribly close but I always considered you a really cool chick). Hope all is well and I really hope you update this blog soon! xo.

(sorry I posted twice before this and saw spelling errors and deleted them. :\ it's late haha, and I didnt want you to take me for ignorant, hopefully you can permanently delete them).

Unknown said...

It is nice post and I found some interesting information on this blog, keep it up. Thanks for sharing. . .
international movers in chennai.